Sunday, December 14, 2008

Crochet by Candlelight


Oh my goodness! Never in my life have I ever seen such devastation. We forget how powerful Mother Nature really can be. The Blizzard of 78 was nothing compared to this. We lost our power late Thursday; managed to buy a generator (we were so lucky!) and had power and heat by late on Saturday. We are fortunate as our power came back early this morning (Sunday). My husband is out using the generator to help warm up others - have generator, will travel. We have a big family so he is very busy. I have food cooking for anyone who stops in to get warm. Not much else to do while the power, telephone, and cable companies work non-stop to get power restored to everyone.
My daughter and her family had to go to NH and stay with her Dad for a few days. The little one is only 5lbs and could not have withstood a house with no heat.

OK - so now to the title of this post. Guess what? All I could do was crochet during the power outage. It was tough when nightfall came, but I gathered those candles around me and managed. I complete 4 beanie type caps and will post the exact pics later, but they are similar to the one in this post. The pattern is from www.headhuggers.org. I made several of these for my mother-in-law when she was going through chemo. They are great - they really do hug your head and they are very quick to whip up. Be sure to whip some up to donate!



No comments: